Someone who cooks the food knows better about the best vegetables. A lot of men and women like to cook and cook eggplants, but the actual problem comes when they don’t know how to select the best eggplant for their kitchen. Eggplants get bitter and over seedily when they become old or chosen too late. Eggplants are also referred to as Brinjal and it is available in almost every part of the world. The purple variety of eggplant is the most common, however you’ll see white eggplants also. In this article, I will share with you tips on selecting the fresh eggplants for your kitchen.
Do you understand how the eggplant got its name?
Eggplants got this name because there were only white color plants a few years back and white color hanging from the leaves seemed like eggs so that they were given the name of eggplants. The original variety of eggplants was of white color and it’s still the trendy variety of eggplants. White eggplants are usually smaller in size in comparison with the purple selection. White eggplants have more seeds and they’re less bitter as well. Eggplants belong to the family of potato.
How to Choose a fresh eggplant for your kitchen:
• First of all, don’t go for bigger eggplants because they will turn sour as the fruit matures. Select the fruit that has more fat as compared to same size fruits. This way, you can have a clearer idea of the fruits.
• pick the one which has glossy and smooth skin since dull skin indicates that it is turning bitter. Avoid those with brownish spots. Always make certain eggplant is not dry from inside. If you hear a hollow sound from inside then do not buy it.
• Turn the eggplants and search for any wrinkles or cuts or uneven skin. If the eggplant exhibits such characteristics then it means that fruits are decaying. Wrinkles on the skin clearly indicate that it was harvest long time ago.
• Always press your fingers into the skin of eggplant, if the flesh spring back immediately as soon as the pressure is released it means that fruit is fresh. When the melancholy remains then it means eggplant is old.
• Check for the stem or cap. Stem and cap ought to be bright green as it indicates that fruit is fresh. Brown stem indicates that fruit is not fresh.
• Eggplants get contaminated with age so that they need to be consumed within two days after purchasing. If you want to preserve it then freezing is the best way. Don’t store eggplants in your refrigerator for over one week. Eat fresh as soon as possible.